Saturday 31 March 2012

Why do These Things Happen to You?

For those of you who know me personally, you probably are very well aware of the fact that ridiculous things tend to happen to me. And most of the time, it's for no good reason!

I'll start you off with an example here, but first a bit of a back story. I tend to not wear pants at home.. now don't get too excited, I just turn into a super white girl and wear leggings with a t-shirt and a long cardigan instead. It's just comfy ok?! I don't leave the house like that. Anyways, because I tend to also be super lazy most of the time, I will just go to bed in these tights and a large sweater (usually borrowed from my brother... but don't tell him. He doesn't actually know). This was the case last night, in fact. So I went to bed in my leggings and my brother's hoodie, comfy as can be. Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, I awoke due to severe lack of body heat. I realized this was because I had somehow managed to get my sweater off in the middle of the night and was using it as extra support with my pillow. I was very confused but decided the best course of action would be to put it back on. So I felt around the collar of the sweater to make sure that the hood was in the back, and I slipped it back on and went to sleep again. This morning when I woke up, the hood was in the front. Clearly I just misjudged what I was feeling when I put the sweater back on, but really, let's just think for a second. Most of the time, I can't get a sweater off when I'm fully conscious. How the heck did I get it off WHILE I WAS ASLEEP?!

Here's another story for you guys.This one is actually quite upsetting for me, but I'll tell it anyway. A few weeks ago, on March Break, my best friend and I went on a shopping trip to Niagara Falls with my mom and my aunt. In this one store that we went to, I found this really great dress. Now, I'm not a confident person in the least, but even I could see that it looked pretty good on me, and even better was that it made me feel good. So obviously I decided to buy it. I had tried on a medium, and it fit perfectly, but there were some seams coming out so I decided I'd grab a different medium to buy. I checked the tag for the size and continued on through the store. When I got home from the shopping trip, my dad wanted to see what I had purchased, so I got all my stuff and went downstairs to show off my new stuff. It was only then that I looked at the tag of my perfect dress and saw that it was, in fact, a large. I was heartbroken! My dress, too big! We thought we'd just go exchange it, because there should have been a store semi-close to where I live, right? Wrong. The nearest one was an hour and a half away. So my mom, being nice, said we'd go after school one day to switch it out. Well if you weren't sure yet whether the universe truly hated me, here's your proof. They had just switched over all their styles and guess who had the old style of dress? That's right, this guyyyy. And to just add that cherry on top, they don't even give cash refunds, you either get to exchange or get store credit. There was nothing there that I wanted. I now have roughly $20 in credit at a store nowhere near where I live.

I'm that girl that shit just happens to. I dunno. Maybe that's not so abnormal, maybe everyone has stuff like that. But I tend to hear the phrase, "Oh my goodness, why does this stuff happen to you?" a lot.

Oh here's a good one... If you're squeamish I'd suggest you skip down to the end and try not to read this next section. Last year, when we did our dissections at Science School, my friend Danielle and I were partners, and we were working away on our fetal pig. Well, I think that pretty much everything that could have went wrong in those 2 days did. Let's just make a list here:

  • Our scalpel got stuck in the skull and when Danielle tried to pull it out, the handle came off and the blade stayed in. Poor piggy had a blade in his (her? I don't remember...) skull until our teacher could come over and pry it out
  • After we ruled out the scalpel, I was attempting to cut away pieces of the skull with the scissors and managed to send a piece flying across the room, almost hitting our good friend Moe.. 
  • When we took out the heart, I was goofing around (there's a reason they tell you not to goof around in labs ok) and tried to make the heart beat by squeezing it... well it was a little slippery and flew out of my hand, landed on our lab bench and slid around for a few seconds before coming to a stop at the edge
And finally, the grand finale of our series of unfortunate events here. This was a 2 day dissection, so at the end of day 1 we had to put our fetal pigs back into their plastic bags and wrap them up for the next day. I clearly wasn't thinking straight when I wrapped it, though, and it came back to bite me when I took out our pig the next day. I ended up with pig juice (for lack of a better term) all down the front of my lab coat, as well as all over my sleeve and the floor. I know I looked pathetic as I wiped up the puddle on my hands and knees whilst crying. At least my amazing friends came to my rescue with lots of paper towels to shove up my sleeve! I had to wear the teacher's lab coat for the rest of the dissection... that was a little weird. 

Anyways, those are just a few of the crazy random happenstances that occur in my daily life. Hopefully you have enjoyed hearing of my misfortune haha. There are tons more, I just can't think of any really good ones at the moment. I tend to just accept them and move on, so they don't stick out in my mind, unfortunately. 

What kinds of random things happen to you guys? I can't be the only one that has stupid stuff happen to them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment