Friday 23 March 2012

Fun Food Friday! Jellybean edition

So I've always loved jellybeans. Except the licorice ones. Those ones are gross. Jellybeans are really awesome. They are tasty and you can feel like you're eating some lentils or beans or whatever. People will be like, "What did you eat all day?" and you can say "Beans" without being a liar.

However, there is a certain type of jellybean that makes all other jellybeans seem awful and terrible and not worth getting excited over. These my friend, are Jelly Bellies.

I can't remember the first time I came across jelly bellies. It might have been when my brother and I were at the train station and there was a stall that had all 49 flavours and my brother and I bought the assorted and I cried tears of happiness and sunshine. These are the greatest fucking candies in the world. They are the only candies where its fruit flavours ACTUALLY TASTE LIKE THE FRUIT. I can't find that stall anymore, I think they took it away because of renovations. Stupid renovations taking away my happiness.

Feel like eating some buttered popcorn but don't like kernels stuck in your teeth? They have a buttered popcorn flavour that tastes exactly like movie theatre popcorn without the kernerls OR the grease! They are so realistic, I get the same nauseous feeling I eat too many of them that I get when I eat too much popcorn that isn't smart food.

They have a toasted marshmallow flavour. I don't know if you're comprehending this. It tastes like someone took a marshmallow, put it on a pointy stick and held it over an open fire while sharing ghost stories and laughter and without all the smoke that gets in your eyes and makes you cry. It tastes like how every summer should.

There was a caramel apple flavour. I had the wonderful experience of trying this for the first time last week. My mind was blown. It tasted exactly like candy apples. I wanted more. I would not be content until I had more. There were only like three in my bag. I moped.

These are the only candies I've ever had that came close to anything that could have been produced by Willy Wonka. I picture Gene Wilder whenever I eat them and Violet Beauregard or whatever her name was turning into a giant purple ball. It's a good image.

I tend to avoid the blueberry flavour though.

But they taste like blueberries and not like popsicles. Although a popsicle flavour would be awesome. Like creamsicles. The red ones.

I'm going to end here before I start another rant about red creamsicles. And that is for another week my dear readers. You're gonna have to wait for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment