Wednesday 18 January 2012

Are YOU Socially Awkward?

So if you go on the internet, which is exactly what you're doing now, so don't even try to lie to me... I know you use the internet. Lying at this point would just be mean because there would be no way for you to read this without the internet.

Anyways, yes, my point, if you go on the internet you'll notice there's a large portion of people of posts things who identify as socially awkward. You might ask yourself: What does it mean to be socially awkward? Am I socially awkward?

Answer: Probably. I mean, you're reading a blog on the internet about being socially awkward...

However, if you're not completely sure, here are some questions that will pretty much tell you:

  1. Do you have lots of friends? If you have lots of friends, you're pretty safe. I mean, how could you make a lot of friends if you weren't social? Think about it... 
  2. Do you shout at inanimate objects? Yeah. Apparently that's not normal. Who knew?
  3. Do your conversations consist of frequent literary, television and movie references? eg. "I need a Turk to my JD. That would be the best."
  4. Do you often fantasize about weird and highly unlikely situations? I'm not talking about meeting a movie star and banging them, unlikely. I'm talking about: And then a bear would burst into the room and maul my enemies but I would give it some honey and we'd be best friends and he'd let me ride on his back, and we'd go off. Into the sunset. That kinda unlikely. 
  5. Do you have trouble meeting/approaching people? Starting conversations? Or do you just run away when you can't think of things to say?
  6. Is flailing, making weird sounds and weird faces part of your daily life? You can't really be surprised if you do these things and get considered socially awkward. Seriously. 
  7. Are you currently trying to figure out if I should've used "Are" in my previous question? I know I am. Seriously. Which is it? NEITHER SOUND RIGHT.
  8. Do you get needlessly angry over small things?
  9. Bad jokes. Do you like them?
  10. Do you sometimes wonder if you may have ADD, ADHD or OCD? Cause the people who sometimes claim they have these (when chances are they don't) tend to be a little socially awkward. 
And if you're wondering. Yes. I did answer yes to all of the above. Except for 1. That I had to answer no.

Well there you have it. Your guide to finding out if you're socially awkward. If you found that, yes, you are socially awkward, do not fear. Because us socially awkward kids are taking over the internet. We will win.

Win what?

EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment